Budding Chefs inspires children by providing fun, interactive, hands-on cooking experiences

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A to Z Class: Ants in my Applesauce, Wednesday

Day 2 went well....and we remembered to put Ants in today!  I realized this morning that we forgot our ants yesterday.

I am going to really enjoy this session...even though the Tuesday and Wednesday classes are making the same recipe, the classes are very different.  On Wednesdays I get to enjoy the company of helpers.  The children in this class are younger and I need more than just my 2 hands (though these kids were pros with the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer--so independent!)  We chopped up our apples with our choppers today instead of knives.  It's faster for them to chop, more fun than a knife, and the apples cook faster.  Everyone helped with cleanup, including loading the dishwasher.

Two of the children are younger siblings of previous Budding Chefs; it just amazes me how time flies and children grow up so fast.

For those who asked about the recipe box, here is the link:

My A to Z Recipe Box: An Alphabet of Recipes for Kids
















No comments:

Post a Comment