Budding Chefs inspires children by providing fun, interactive, hands-on cooking experiences

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Growing Gourmets 1/31/11 Citrus Yogurt Mini-Cupcakes

We had very mixed reviews on these.  Veda and Kaylee loved them. Tanner liked them.  The rest of my family, not so much.  I would make them again....but use more lemon and lime zest, and more juice. (I have had a hard time with my zester, and am looking to replace it with a microplane.)  They were a little bland.  I would also try to find a somewhat-healthy frosting, or just figure that the cupcakes are healthy so go all out on the frosting. I'm not a fan of powdered sugar glaze.  The girls were surprised when they heard we were making 36. They took some home with them; a few stuck and we left them in the pan, but by the end of the night, there were 5 left!









No comments:

Post a Comment